I sincerely hope by faith, I would be able to pen what is in my heart as revealed to me and if we all as becoming followers of Christ Jesus through the lens of Pauline Epistle to the Church would focus on the fact that the Kingdom of God is the highest kingdom and should be the pivot of our allegiance. A study of Colossians 2:6-14 would reveal the following responsibilities as priority placement in our lives as those who have accepted Christ Jesus as Lord and Saviour or whose identity on earth are engraved as the salt and light of the world we live in:
- We must walk in [union with] Him [reflecting His character in the things we do and say.
- We must engage in a lifestyle that lead others away from sin.
- We must become deeply rooted in Christ Jesus and continuing therein is essentials in other to able to be built up in Him and [becoming increasingly more] established in our faith, just as we were taught (by the indwelling Holy Spirit in us) , and overflowing in it with gratitude.
Beloved, if you could be kind enough to read Colossians 2:6-14, you will be confronted with this call to carefully protect oneself from being deceived and manipulated by the presence of a force growing among us in this very age. A force that is enlisting many into wrong placement of their allegiance. This force is speedily taking many into captivity (even in the gathering of believers) through philosophy and empty deception [pseudo-intellectual babble], according to the tradition [and musings] of mere men, following the elementary principles of this world, rather than following [the truth—the teachings of] Christ. Then comes these parts that expands into the fullness of what Christ have attained for us who believe. The concept behind this is to drive our attention to truly acknowledge that our allegiance must rightly be only to God and the blessings that goes with such cannot be numbered.
Blessings of submissive allegiance to God and Christ Jesus
- Freedom: Although in our today’s world we are quite familiar with freedom as a slogan used by human rights to reflect to our individuals to existence. But this have been abused in our accepting sinfulness as okay thing so long as it does not affect or deter the smooth running of the government system that in pretence have enslaved our today’s world. True freedom is only attainable in Christ Jesus and it is echoed in the word “ and you shall know the truth and become free”; to be free is to live in fullness of life not limited by the power of time and death. But everlasting life as put together in 7:9-17, this true manifestation of blessing is beyond any alternative whatsoever; also ever living freedom is associated with unequivocal submission to God’s will, mandate, commission and regard for humanity. Deut. 30:18-20
- Peace for making the right choice: 1 Thess. 1:7-10; If we “observe to do according to all the law,” we shall have the confidence of God being with us (see Josh. 1:5, 7). With the Psalmist we will be able to say, “In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me” (Ps. 56:11). Has not the Lord promised, “In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world”? (John 16:33).
- You are free to make your choice and with all your heart. 22:37; Mark 12:30; Recall Matt. 6:33-35 the aftermath manifestation for this choice is just unspeakable blessings flowing for the throne of grace; notice that all other things is universal with no restriction whatsoever.
- That it might go well with us and our generations to come. Deut. 28:1-15; Jeremiah 32:39-40; Deut. 5:29 Notice the blessings associated with these verses. “And I (GOD) will give them one heart, and one way, that they may fear me forever, for the good of them, and of their children after them:  And I (GOD) will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I (GOD) will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.” “O that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children forever!”
The question today is to whom would we yield our obedience, man or God? The consequence of wrong placed allegiance have resulted in terror acts and abuses of all kinds now being witnessed in our world. And many are racing towards same in such an unspeakable velocity beyond human comprehension. Yet I Kings 18:21 Elijah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions? If the LORD be God, follow him: but if Baal, then follow him. And the people answered him not a word.” If God is to be God over us, we must yield him universal obedience in all things. He must not be over us in one thing and under us in another, but he must be over us in everything.
My Prayer: May God help us all to set our allegiance right in Him, seeking obedience to Him and commitment to His purpose for creation. May our weakness be helped by the presence of the Holy Spirit to grow into true believers who knows how to say like Joshua, “ as for me and my household we shall serve the true God alone through the provision made available by the blood of Christ Jesus and the given of the Holy Spirit to dwell in us that we might be fully equipped unto good works as we await the true manifestation of sons and daughters of God when Christ Jesus returns for the Church, in Christ Jesus name Amen.
If you have been blessed through this article please take a step with us by sowing to our ministry through one of our ongoing fundraising campaigns.
NB: Further study reference: Kindly Read, Deut. 28:1-15; Colossians 2:6-14; Rev. 7:9-17; Matt. 22:37; Mark 12:30; Matt. 6:33-35